Interaccounts allow one department or organization on campus to bill another for goods or services. Three-part NCR forms may be obtained from Central Stores (622-3517).
If the transaction is to move an expense that has already occurred from one department or organization to another, complete an Expenditure Transfer form.
To complete an Interaccount:
- The “selling” department:
- Provides the goods or services,
- Lists the department to which the goods or services were provided in the CHARGE (Receiving Agency) portion at the TOP of the Interaccount form,
- Completes the CREDIT (Shipping Agency) portion at the BOTTOM of the form, supplying their Organization and Account Code to be credited,
- Completes the body of the Interaccount form, describing in detail the goods or services sold and the purpose of the sale to the other department,
- Signs on the Head of Billing Department or Authorized Agent line to certify that the goods or services were provided.
- The “buying” department:
- Receives the goods or services,
- Completes the CHARGE (Receiving Agency) portion at the TOP of the form, supplying their Organization and Account Code to be charged,
- Signs on the Receiving Department Head or Authorized Agent line to certify that the goods or services were received and to authorize payment for same.
- Send completed and authorized Interaccount form:
- Original (white copy) to Accounting & Financial Services, CPO 3A,
- Copy (yellow) to selling department,
- Copy (blue) to buying department.
Accounting & Financial Services verifies availability of funds before processing the Interaccount. If funds are not available to charge the expense, Accounting & Financial Services will not process the transaction until such time that funds are available.